Saturday, January 26, 2013

Production thoughts

Heading into the studio again this weekend , I realise we are really in production now.
Things are moving so fast and it's scary and exciting again at once. I am also working on a smaller project with Ross Stewart these days which is equally exciting but it's a very busy creative period. Here's some of the very earliest beat boards I was doing a couple of years ago when things were much quieter and I wasn't sure if we would ever be financed and in production, in some ways the hectic schedule is welcome , it means we move fast and make decisions and move on . It's very different to development and preproduction , all the planning , dreaming and inventing is now focused on details and singular scenes and shots ... Even if it seems very early days in many ways we are halfway thru making the film, the animatic is done , the voices are recorded , the main themes of the music have been worked out. In terms of the visuals it's all about finding elegant simple solutions and keeping focused on telling the story as well as we can.



5 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see the movie! Amazing drawing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really can't wait, keep up the great work guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tomm, that watercolor beat board looks awesome. Hey, to go along with your rough line tests, I thought I'd throw out the fact that we did something like that at Disney. It was for the short, "John Henry". Mark Henn directed it and I was a supervising animator on it. We did a rough line style (and the Bg's looked almost wood cut). Its shaggier than you probably want, but check it out on youtube and see what you think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deadlines will make it all more exciting ;) Look forward to join you guys again next week!
    Ale
    x

    ReplyDelete

Hi thanks for commenting I really appreciate hearing from readers of the blog